Can your ESD floor ground itself?
Some suppliers of ESD flooring make this type of claim about grounding esd flooring. They may specifically use the term “self-grounding” to provide assurance the floor, by itself, will effectively provide the type of ESD protection that is required by you during esd flooring installation. But, all international ESD standards for performance point to resistance to an Earth Ground as the proper grounding method.
An Earth Ground is a big deal
Our planet is a very good conductor and it’s enormous. That makes it a handy return path for electrons. In fact, the power company uses Earth as one of its wires in their power systems! Utility poles have a bare wire, running down the side, which connects the power system’s aerial ground directly to Earth Ground. This is a common practice globally in the electrical power industry. So, why wouldn’t you want your ESD floor to connect directly to Earth Ground for maximum safety and performance?
Insist on an Earth Ground for your ESD floor
Insist on an Earth Ground for your grounding esd flooring. It’s important to insure all static charges are consistently and safely removed from your ESD floor. Electrostatic discharge can cause significant injury, damage, and financial loss. Failure of components used in solid-state electronics, like integrated circuits, affects an array of industries. With damage to critical parts comes major losses. Using Earth Ground provides effective and consistent protection for your operations through the use of grounding esd flooring. Otherwise, you are risking the degradation or destruction of electronic components, equipment failure or malfunction.
What should you do now?
- Download and read our whitepaper: “The Proper Grounding of an ESD Floor Coating System”
- Review your current needs for additional and improved ESD floors in your facility
- Use floor coating suppliers that make Earth Ground a crucial part of their ESD floor installations
- What Does It Take to Have Quality Industrial Flooring? - January 15, 2023
- What is ESD Flooring? - October 12, 2022
- How to Prevent Static Electric Charge in Industrial Flooring - October 12, 2022